I am a Miamian. Miami is and will always be my hometown. I graduated from Miami Central High School, Miami Dade Junior College and Florida Atlantic...
Most Active Stories
The rise in the number of Haitians being detained at sea, at airports and at border crossings this year has the international community scratching as...
Carla Dove smiles as she tears open a small, flat cardboard box. She is sitting at a lab bench in her office at the Smithsonian Museum of Natural...
Everyone knows that South Florida has a seedy underbelly. The American fascination with crime-sex-and-violence-laden stories about South Florida...
Thanks to YouTube, anyone can be a filmmaker. Thanks to Quirky, anyone can be an inventor. And now thanks to Miami natives Sabrina and Silvia...
The rise in the number of Haitians being detained at sea, at airports and at border crossings this year has the international community scratching...
Latest from NPR
Microsoft Responds To Fan Outcry, Changes Xbox One Policies
- Capitol Hill's Partisan And Racial Divide Cast In Bronze A 7-foot-tall statue of famed, lion-maned abolitionist Frederick Douglass that was dedicated Wednesday on Capitol Hill is perhaps best understood as...
Federal Agents Accuse Two Of Plotting Deadly X-Ray Weapon
A Day After Making List, One Of FBI's Most Wanted Caught
- A Hair-Touching Exhibit Touches Off A Range Of Reactions Antonia Opiah and her sister Abigail wanted to start a conversation about hair, but they ended up inspiring a protest. The controversy began with an...
Joseph Cooper and Bonnie Berman share the microphone with a wide range of guests including community leaders, artists, scientists, historians, and political thinkers.
From probing interviews with artists to lively discussions with curators and impresarios, to unique live music performances, you'll be up to speed on the arts.
Join host Tracy Fields on Evenin' Jazz Monday through Friday from 9:30 pm to 1:00 am on 91.3 FM and be treated to the best of jazz and blues and beyond.
The focus of Folk & Acoustic Music is to create a community to support folk music. Every Sunday afternoon 2 to 5pm, WLRN airs the only folk music show in South Florida.
Miami Herald Breaking News
- Miami Heat fans draw criticism for leaving Game 6 early
- Prison for Ohio woman who buried mom in yard
- Murder case dropped against North Miami-Dade teen who fatally shot unarmed burglar
- Miami-Dade County street-light supervisor charged with taking bribes
- Bankruptcy judge removes obstacle to American-US Airways merger