JOB TITLE: WLRN Radio Program Director
DEPARTMENT: Division of Media Programs
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: General Manager, WLRN and Director of Media Programs
PAY GRADE: 17
JOB CODE: 8418
BARGAINING UNIT: 6
POSITION AUTHORIZED: Board Item SP-1, June 11, 2014
Position Title: WLRN Radio Program Director | Position #: NB51863600
To Apply please visit www.dadeschools.net
The Radio Program Director plans, develops and guides program strategies using appropriate technologies and accepted best practices.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
1. Works in concert with the General Manager to establish and communicate overall strategic direction for radio station programming.
2. Oversees programming and collaborates with senior management and outside partners on the development of new programming for broadcast and digital to fulfill strategic objectives.
3. Acts as the liaison to other broadcast entities and facilities.
4. Supervises operations, production, and on-air staff, and oversees program databases.
5. Works closely with news department to strengthen WLRN's presence as South Florida's leading public media news provider.
6. Assures that completed productions meet technical standards and program information requirements.
7. Trains and mentors staff in radio board operation and production; reviews staff performance and recommends disciplinary actions as necessary.
8. Screens, interviews and recommends personnel for employment.
9. Works closely with development and underwriting staff to optimize revenue.
10. Creates and manages annual radio programming and operations budget.
11. Assures compliance with all applicable Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) regulations.
12. Manages syndicated programming relationships.
13. Develops and maintains external relationships in the community as they relate to content creation.
14. Performs other duties related to general administrative responsibilities of the position. ,.
This work requires the following physical activities: sitting, mobility, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity. The work is performed primarily indoors.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
1. Bachelors degree in related field or m1n1mum of five (5) years of extensive experience in public radio programming, operations, and production may substitute for degree.
2. Demonstrated organizational, budget, and deadline ability.
3. Detailed knowledge of computer software and technology pertinent to radio programming and production.
4. Ability to direct and manage a team.
6. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written forms.