Company: WLRN Public Media a department of the Miami-Dade County Public Schools
Reports to: General Manager
Location: Miami, Florida
To apply go to http://jobs.dadeschools.net/Apply.asp
Deadline is 07/09/2018.
The Production Manager is the dedicated point of contact for all television productions across WLRN Public Television. The Production Manager is responsible for ensuring that content production is performed to the highest industry standards and delivered according to the agreed budget and schedule.
The Production Manager is the dedicated point of contact for all television productions across WLRN Public Television.
The Production Manager is responsible for ensuring that content production is performed to the highest industry standards and delivered according to the agreed budget and schedule.
The nature of this work requires management of aggressive timelines and high-pressure situations.
This work requires the following physical activities: sitting, mobility, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity. The work is performed indoors, outdoors, work weekends, holidays and off hours.
- Directs the television production process and schedule; allocates personnel and budget resources.
- Supervises, guides staff and reviews staff performance; makes employment and disciplinary recommendations.
- Maintains financial and technical records of all productions to ensure that production(s) are cost effective.
- Monitors the production process and adjust schedules, as needed, and assures that product standards are up to best practice.
- Prepares, recommends and monitors annual department operating budget.
- Ensures implementation of safety procedures.
- Reviews and reports compliance to federal, state and local laws and codes.
- Maintains high quality production values in areas of production, graphic and scenic design.
- Ensure efficient collaboration and co-ordination between relevant departments.
- Direct, film, light and edit programs/videos as directed both in studio and on location.
- Performs other duties related to general administrative responsibilities of the position.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Communication, Journalism or related field. Equivalent training and professional experience with specialization in television and video production may substitute for degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressive experience in television production or related field.
- Knowledge of trends and innovations in the area of marketing, communications, news media and public relations.
- Knowledge of computer software and technology pertinent to television and video production.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written forms.
About WLRN Public Media
WLRN Public Media is committed to being the most trusted source of information and entertainment in South Florida's diverse community. Licensed to the school board of Miami-Dade County, WLRN is best known for its award winning public radio and television programs, but its services go well beyond the airwaves. It's a complex media enterprise consisting of radio and television stations, www.WLRN.org and is the PBS Learning Media provider for Miami-Dade and Broward counties offering a digital library of thousands of classroom-ready resources and advanced learning services making WLRN a valuable public media source.