©2014 All Rights Reserved by Norman Van Aken
Use on almost any preparation you would use a regular barbeque sauce on. Experiment!
Can also be used as a potent dipping sauce for fried and savory items.
Yield: 1 3/4 Cups
· 2 Cups orange juice, reduced to a near syrup (about ¼ Cup, cooled somewhat)
· ½ Cup Koshi Miso Paste (We use ‘Marukome Boy Koshi Smooth Paste’)
· 2 Tablespoons Dark Roasted Sesame Oil
· 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
· ½ Cup Kecap Manis, (sweet soy sauce is another name)
· 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic, minced
· 2 Tablespoons ginger, minced
· 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or rice wine vinegar)
· 2 Tablespoons honey
· 1 Tablespoon Nuoc Mam Pha San, (optional, it is a mixed fish sauce)
· 1/2 teaspoon Yuzu Kosho, (optional, it adds spice and citrus power)
Whisk all of the above together very well. Adjust as desired.
Note. This will keep for at least one month in an airtight container.