Fill-in radio newscast anchor
Deadline to apply: Position will remain open until filled
Station: WLRN Public Media / South Florida Public Media
FLSA Status: Part-time, Freelance, Temporary
Reports to: News Director
Schedule: 5 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. or 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, or as assigned
Fill out the job application form here. Then, submit:
- A cover letter
- A resume or CV
- Five work samples (links or mp3s)
- At least three references who have worked closely with you and can speak of your qualifications for the position
Email all the materials to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Fill-In Anchor” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Write, produce and anchor live daily newscasts, news reports and news-related programming for the national award-winning public radio broadcast news outlet, WLRN News. WLRN covers South Florida, from the Palm Beaches to Key West and is Florida’s largest public radio station.
- Report, write, produce, prepare and deliver live on-air newscasts and online news from WLRN studios.
- Conduct interviews, take in feeds and create content for newscasts in a style consistent with NPR, for use by WLRN and/or other outlet(s) as directed by editors and/or news director.
- Work closely with producers, reporters and editors to produce newscasts and digital content.
- Produce newscast content using digital audio recording equipment and digital audio editing software.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, holidays and other times.
- Minimum five years experience in radio or TV journalism
- Minimum three years experience anchoring radio or TV newscasts
- Exceptional verbal and written skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Familiarity with digital audio recording equipment
- Familiarity with digital audio editing software
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with entire organization
- Bilingual: English/Spanish
- Public radio host/anchor experience
- Familiarity with NewsBoss and Adobe Audition
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays; must be able to perform the essential duties of the position.
About WLRN Public Media:
WLRN is an award-winning public radio and television station and winner of the national Edward R. Murrow award for Overall Excellence in Large Market Radio for 2021. We are based in Miami and cover South Florida from the Palm Beaches to Key West. We are Florida’s largest public radio station. WLRN News is a daily broadcast news operation providing multimedia news, storytelling and analysis for WLRN 91.3 FM, 91.5 FM in the Florida Keys, 101.9 in the Palm Beaches, 105.5 WOLL HD-2 in Hobe Sound, WLRN.org, social media and podcasts.