-
Saying scores of her Haitian constituents are being threatened with deportation, Democratic U.S. Rep. Frederica S. Wilson has written President Donald Trump and other top administration officials urging them to extend Temporary Protected Status to hundreds of thousands of Haitian nationals.
-
Democrats say Venezuelans with TPS face deportation to ‘unstable’ homeland — despite Maduro’s ousterDozens of Democratic House members, including all eight Florida Democrats, are asking the Trump administration to restore Temporary Protected Status, or TPS, to hundreds of thousands of Venezuelan immigrants in the wake of last Saturday’s U.S. military strikes on the country.
-
“The elimination of Temporary Protected Status for Venezuelans earlier this year was reckless, dangerous, and wrong,” Miami Mayor Eileen Higgins said Saturday in a statement. “The instability unfolding in Venezuela today makes it even clearer that the country remains unsafe for people to return. No one should be forced back into chaos and uncertainty.”
-
The 1.6 million number marks the largest-ever effort to strip permissions for immigrants who attempted to migrate to the country through legal means, advocates say.
-
A federal judge has blocked the Trump administration from ending temporary legal protections that have granted more than 1 million people from Haiti and Venezuela the right to live and work in the United States.
-
Despite Venezuela's brutal dictatorship and historic humanitarian crisis, the Trump administration will end Temporary Protected Status, or TPS, for almost a quarter million more Venezuelan migrants next week.
-
A three-judge panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals on Friday upheld a lower court ruling that maintained temporary protected status for Venezuelans while the case proceeded through court. U.S. District Judge Edward Chen of San Francisco found in March that plaintiffs were likely to prevail on their claim that the administration overstepped its authority in terminating the protections.
-
The suit filed in Washington, D.C., alleges that President Donald Trump and Homeland Security Department Secretary Kristi Noem have ignored warnings not to travel to Haiti by State Department officials in seeking to terminate TPS.
-
The Family Action Network Movement and U.S. Rep. Sheila Cherfilus-McCormick, D-Miramar, said the Trump administration has confirmed they would comply with a federal judge's ruling to keep in place TPS for Haitians until February 3, 2026.
-
Maria Elena Hernandez is among seven people asking a federal judge to stop the Trump administration from ending the Temporary Protected Status, or TPS, program.
-
The Trump administration insists conditions have improved enough in Honduras and Nicaragua to send migrants protected from deportation back to those countries — but those groups disagree and argue it's wrong to return them after so many years in the U.S.
-
The Trump administration ended protections Monday for migrants from Honduras and Nicaragua that shielded them from deportation and allowed them to work, its latest effort to strip privileges from migrants since President Donald Trump returned to office.