LISTEN: Sea-Level Rise In South Florida Town Hall
WLRN-Miami Herald News hosted a coastal-communities town hall on Nov. 7 as part of our more-than-weeklong multimedia series on the effects of sea-level rise, called Elevation Zero: Rising Seas in South Florida.
WLRN anchor Tom Hudson moderated the event, which included a panel of U.S. elected officials from East Coast districts gathered to discuss a response to the threat of rising seas. For more details on the premise, click here.
Our panelists were:
- Congressman Patrick Murphy (FL)
- Congresswoman Lois Frankel (FL)
- Congressman Elijah Cummings (MD)
- Deputy Administrator Bob Perciasepe, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Florida State Rep. Bobby Powell
- Broward County Mayor Kristin Jacobs
During the town hall, we hosted a live chat, answering questions from the audience and sharing panelists' responses: