Become a Volunteer
Support WLRN by being a Volunteer!
Friends are the people in life you can really count on. And for WLRN, our friends are the volunteers providing crucial support by giving time and talent to WLRN.
As a WLRN volunteer you;
- Support public broadcasting, programming and make a difference!
- Network or learn new skills with other volunteers and staff who share your commitment to quality public media.
- Engage in a variety of short- or long-term positions that match your interests, talents and schedule.
- Participate in volunteer appreciation events and meet-n-greet opportunities.
- Administration: Lend your administrative skills in an ongoing or one-time role or be one of the friendly voices or faces during our fundraising drives.
- Tour Guide: Facilitate behind-the-scenes tours to aspiring students, special guests and the public by educating them about the importance and function of WLRN.
- Special Events: Help at special events and community outreach throughout the year by providing logistical support and connecting with WLRN members.
- Special Skills: If you have a special skill to share, please let us know!
- Volunteer jobs require a commitment of at least 60 hours a year (5 hours a month).
- A minimum age of 16 years or older.
- Student Volunteers; community service opportunities are available.
- Background Check: Due to our partnership with Miami-Dade Public School, volunteers are required to get background check with an ID badge that will cost $93.50. Reimbursement will be facilitated after 30 hours of volunteer service.
Once you fill out the Volunteer Application, you will be further contacted to continue volunteer process. We thank you for your interest!